Holds up to 22 Peppers
The traditional way to make jalapeno poppers is to make them on your grill with a little smoke. If you like poppers this is something you really should try. This pepper stand is one of the larger ones on the market it will hold up to 22 peppers at a time. The unique pepper shaped design looks good and at 11 inches long and 5.5 inches wide it doesn’t take up a whole lot of room on your grill either.
If you like spicy foods grilling poppers is a labor of love. You can stuff the peppers with most any combination of meats and cheese. We like the basic bacon and cream cheese sometimes colby jack mixed in. On the package is a recipe for Chipotle Brisket Poppers. The prep work on these takes some time, the end results are so worth it though.
This entire stand is non-stick coated and the legs fold and cam be removed to make clean up easy. The pepper holes are 1 inch in diameter, this means you need to use smaller peppers to get the right fit. If your peppers are to wide you can hold them in place by inserting a toothpick in the bottom.
From the package:
Jalapeno Cooker – Non-stick Coated – Fits most grills and ovens – Folding legs for Compact Storage – Holds 22 Stuffed Jalapenos – The Easy way to cook Jalapeno Poppers
- Heat your grill or oven to 350 degrees. Cut the tops off the jalapeno peppers. Remove the seeds and membranes using a sharp pairing knife (use gloves to keep excess chili off your fingers) Set peppers aside.
- Combine cheese meat and salsa in a food processor or blender bowl. Process the mixture to a chunky texture.
- Place the mixture into a quart storage bag. Cut a 1/2 inch corner off of the bottom of the bag. Squeeze the mixture into each pepper. Wrap a 1/4 strip of bacon across the top and pierce with a toothpick to secure. Insert the jalapenos into the rack.
- For the oven method: Place the jalapeno stand on a baking sheet to collect the drippings. For Grill Method: Place the jalapeno stand opposite the heat for indirect grilling.
- Bake or grill the poppers for 35 to 40 minutes.